Pages

Monday 5 January 2015

hello 2015.

Ah 2015 is upon us (and has been for the last five days, but I've been a busy bee) and ever since the end of last year I've had the feeling that this year is going to be very special.

To make sure 2015 is what I want it to be and more, I've set myself some new years resolutions.


  1.  I want to complete the 30 book challenge because in recent years I've really been slacking on my reading despite it being something I love to do. 
  2. I want to drop a few dress sizes. Although I tend to be happy with myself, I know I would be happier if I would just drop a few pounds. My plan is do to this before my uncles wedding in June, so fingers crossed. 
  3. Try to work out at least three times a week but don't be too hand on yourself if it is less. This one tries nicely into number two. I really want to start working out on a regular basis but I don't it to turn into too much of chore and begin to hate myself. 
  4. Eat less junk food. simple yet hard when you work in a restaurant.
  5. write more. Whether that's my blog, my diary that I plan to keep all year or the question a day book I got given for my birthday. I used to love writing and it's about time I got back into it. 
  6. take more pictures of things you love- not just selfies. When it came to looking back at 2014 a lot of my instragram pictures where selfies. This year I want to take pictures of the people I love, memories and the things i love to do so that i can look back on them in 2016 etc.
  7. take no bullshit. on new years day (in the am when i was drunk) I declared that 2015 was the year for balls. and I don't mean to celebrate the male body part. Its time to stick up for what I want and to learn to say no! 
  8. stop wasting all your days off. Napping is ok, and lounging around is great but not 3 days a week. go on adventures, make memories, be with the ones you love. 
  9. work towards a new job/career. Where I work now is great for now, but it can't be a long term solution. I need to think about what I want to do in my life and aim for it. And why not start now.
  10. And finally, save more money. Because its about time i had savings for a rainy day (or for sunny days out).
And that's it. My 10 new year resolutions for 2015. They all seem a bit heavy but I want to make my first year in my 20s exciting and productive not just average. Hopefully they will last but only time will tell. 

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment